Welcome to the National Inventory on Plant Genetic Resources in Germany (PGRDEU). PGRDEU is hosted by the Information and Coordination Centre for Biological Diversity at the Federal Office for Agriculture and Food.
On the following pages you can find diverse information about agricultural and horticultural plants and their wild relatives.
- the List on Plant Genetic Resources with all in Germany cultivated or wild plant species with actual or potential use for food, horticulture, agriculture and forestry
- Information on ex situ collections in German genebanks and further special collections
- Information on in situ occurences from crop wild relatives and regional varieties
- the Red List of Endangered Native Crops in Germany
- Information on cultivation- and seed multiplication areas of agricultural and horticultural species and varieties in use
PGRDEU provides web-based access to information such as scientific name, common name, utilisation categories and endangerment. Additional information about passport data e.g. accession (variety) name, accession number, maintaining institute and country of origin is available for genebank accessions.
In the context of national and international obligations PGRDEU serves as national interface for information systems like:
- European Plant Genetic Resources Search Catalogue (EURISCO) of the European Cooperative Programme for Plant Gentic Resources (ECPGR)
- The World Information and Early Warning System on Plant Genetic Resources for Food and Agriculture (WIEWS) of FAO
- Global Information System of the International Treaty on Plant Genetic Resources for Food and Agriculture
- Federal Information System Genetic Resources (BIG)